Oxidative Stress Line
Antioxidant capacity is an overall ability of organisms or food to catch free radicals and prevent their harmful effect.
BQCkit’s Antioxidant Capacity Assays are useful for the determination of this parameter in different sample types such as food and beverages or plasma.
There are two types of mechanisms to determine the antioxidant capacity on different matrices: electron-transfer (E-T) methods, which measure the ability of an antioxidant to reduce an oxidant, with a change of color (ABTS, FRAP, DMPD) and hydrogen atom mediated (HAT) methods, which measure the ability of an antioxidant to eliminate free radicals through the donation of a hydrogen atom (they normally quantify peroxyl radicals; ORAC).
A comparison between BQCkit Antioxidant Capacity products is in the table below
- Fast FRAP Assay Kit | Antioxidant Capacity159,00€ – 295,00€ TAX excl.
- ORAC Assay – Oxygen Radical Antioxidant Capacity | KF01004193,00€ – 1.350,00€ TAX excl.
- DPPH Assay Kit | Antioxidant Capacity201,00€ – 292,00€ TAX excl.
- DMPD Antioxidant Capacity Assay Kit | KF01001250,00€ TAX excl.
- ABTS Antioxidant Capacity Assay Kit280,00€ TAX excl.
- CUPRAC Assay Kit | Antioxidant Capacity290,00€ TAX excl.
- FRAP Antioxidant Capacity Assay Kit | KF01003415,00€ TAX excl.
- eBQC LAB – Antioxidant Capacity measurement1.070,00€ TAX excl.
Superoxide dismutases (SODs) are enzymes that catalyze the dismutation of the superoxide anion to molecular oxygen and hydrogen peroxide.
BQCkit’s SOD Activity Assay kit is recommended to quantified this reaction by the reduction of WST-1. Additionally, hydrogen peroxide is destructed by catalase by dismutation as a defense mechanism. Actually, it is related to antioxidant capacity.
BQCkit’s Catalase Activity Assay consists of a colorimetric reaction, which is proportional to this enzymatic activity.
- Superoxide dismutase, SOD Activity Assay Kit | KB03011235,00€ – 403,00€ TAX excl.
- Catalase Activity Assay Kit | KB03012255,00€ – 565,00€ TAX excl.
- Xanthine oxidase255,00€ – 680,00€ TAX excl.
Reactive Oxygen Species (ROS) is a product of normal aerobic metabolism and can damage cells, by oxidizing DNA, lipids and proteins.
BQCkit offers a wide range of products to quantify lipid peroxidation, thiols, protein carbonylation, nitrite and nitrate.
- Malondialdehyde (MDA), TBARs Assay Kit | KB03016182,00€ – 425,00€ TAX excl.
- Lipid Peroxidation – LPO Assay Kit | KB03002215,00€ TAX excl.
- Nitrite Determination Assay Kit | KB03009224,00€ TAX excl.
- Thiol Quantification Assay Kit | KB03007247,00€ TAX excl.
- Nitrite/Nitrate Determination Assay Kit | KB03010253,00€ TAX excl.
- Protein carbonylation Assay Kit | KB03008295,00€ TAX excl.
Fluorescent REDOX probes are permeant fluorogenic dyes designed for reactive oxygen species (ROS) detection in cell cultures by flow cytometer, microscopy of fluorimeter.
Bioquochem under its brand BQCkit offers a variaty of Intracellular ROS Assays to help with your research.
Redox clean is a product developed by Bioquochem. The purpose is to achieve a complete disinfection of surfaces and laboratory materials prior to applying antioxidant capacity tests.
- Redox clean84,00€ TAX excl.
Table. Comparison between BQCkit Antioxidant Capacity Products
|Detection method||colorimetric (553 nm)||colorimetric (734 nm)||colorimetric (593 nm)||fluorimetric (Ex= 485 nm; Em= 528-538 nm)||colorimetric (450 nm)||colorimetric (517 nm)|
|Analysis of hydrophilic/lipophilic substances||hydrophilic||hydrophilic and lipophilic||hydrophilic||hydrophilic and lipophilic||hydrophilic and lipophilic||hydrophilic and lipophilic|
|Type of sample||food and beverages||food and beverages||biological samples (plasma)||biological samples, cell lysates, tissue homogenates, food and beverages||biological samples, food and beverages||Food and beverages|
|Type of measurement||endpoint||endpoint||endpoint||kinetic||kinetic||endpoint|