Hematoxylin is frequently used together with Eosin, nuclear fast red, periodic acid or alcian blue. It is also used in immunohistochemical procedures to visualize the end product. Our Weigert’s Hematoxylin Kit does not contain mercury.
Uses and sample preparation:
Slides should be deparaffinized through xylene or substitute and descending grades of alcohol to distilled water prior to staining. Designed for research use only, it is not approved for human or animal use, or clinical diagnosis.
- Hematoxylin Weigert’s Reagent A
- Hematoxylin Weigert’s Reagent B
- Mix equal parts of Reagent A and B
- Place the sample in the freshly prepared solution
- Rinse with tap water
- Add 1% HCl in 70% ethanol
- Wash with tap water and then with distilled water
- Dehydrate with graded ethanol, clear and coverslip
Nuclei can be visualized as black.