Gomori trichrome stain is used to demonstrate muscle fiber and cytoplasm in red, nuclei in black and collagen containing connective tissue in blue. Weigert’s Hematoxylin and Aniline blue are included to improve staining balance.
Uses and sample preparation:
Slides should be deparaffinized through xylene or substitute and descending grades of alcohol to distilled water prior to staining. Designed for research use only, it is not approved for human or animal use, or clinical diagnosis.
- Hematoxylin Weigerts Reagent A
- Hematoxylin Weigerts Reagent B
- Aniline Blue
- Bouin Fixative
- Glacial Acetic Acid 0,5%
- Trichrome stain
1. Bouin fixative at 56 ºC
2. Allow the solution to cool. Wash with tap water
3. Mix Hematoxylin Reagent A and B and add to sample
4. Wash in running tap water
5. Add Trichrome stain. Solution can be reused if filtered.
6. Add 0,5% Glacial acetic acid
7. Dehydrate with graded ethanol, clear and coverslip
Nuclei can be visualized as black, muscle fiber and cytoplasm in red and collagen containing connective tissue in blue.