Alcian Blue 2.5 pH is used to detect acid mucopolysaccharides in tissue samples that cannot be detected with the habitual method of hematoxylin – eosin. Sulphured and carboxylated mucins can be visualized. Nuclear fast red is supplied as a counterstain, to visualize cell nucleus.
Uses and sample preparation:
Samples do not require special preparation. This kit is design for research use only, it is not approved for human or animal use, or clinical diagnosis.
- 3% Glacial Acetic Acid
- Alcian Blue pH 2.5
- Nuclear Fast Red
- Deparaffinize sample and hydrate with distilled water
- Add 3% Glacial acetic acid to the sample and remove excess
- Add Alcian blue pH 2.5 (30 min)
- Remove excess rinsing briefly with 3 % Glacial acetic acid (20 s). Rinse with tap water and deionized water two times (4 min)
- Add Nuclear Fast Red (5 min)
- Rinse in tap water and deionized water two times (4 min)
- Dehydrate with graded ethanol, clear and coverslip