KB03002 | LPO Assay Kit | Lipid Peroxidation (MDA + HNE)
200.00€ – 480.00€ TAX excl.
Lipid peroxidation (LPO) is a well-known example of oxidative damage in cell membranes, lipoproteins, and other lipid-containing molecules in conditions with oxidative stress. Lipid peroxidation may contribute to the pathology of many diseases including cardiovascular diseases, cancer, and neurodegenerative diseases.
Non-enzymatic LPO is a complex process whereby polyunsaturated lipids are oxidized via free-radical intermediates to a variety of products. Briefly, unsaturated fatty acids react with molecular oxygen via a free radical mechanism producing hydroperoxides. These primary products of lipid oxidation are highly unstable and rapidly decompose resulting in the formation of secondary compounds such as aldehydes, ketones, alkanes, carboxylic acids, and polymerization products. These secondary products are also highly reactive with other cellular components /extracellular matrix and can be used as biomarkers for LPO.
Sizes: 100,200 and 400 tests
Expiry date: 1 year
Storage: 4ºC and room temperature
Assay time: 60 minutes
Reagents: LPO solvent, Reagent A, Reagent B, and Standard (1,1,3,3-tetrametoxipropano)
Necessary material: 96 well-plate spectrophotometer
If you need to adapt it for another form of the assay (for example cuvette), contact at email@example.com
Download the web version
To access the full information, please complete the fields. As soon as possible, the documentation will be sent to your email.
Safety Data Sheet (SDS)
To access this information, please complete the fields. As soon as possible, the documentation will be sent to your email.
- Reyes C, Ramiro D, Rodríguez P, et al. 2018. “Effects of Arachidonic and Docosohexahenoic Acid Supplementation during Gestation in Rats. Implication of Placental Oxidative Stress.” International Journal of Molecular Sciences 19 (12). https://doi.org/10.3390/ijms19123863.
- Flores J, Padilla E , Fernandez O, Diaz N, et al. 2019. “Gastroprotective Activity and Pharmacological Safety Evaluation of Eupatorium Aschenbornianum.” Experimental and Therapeutic Medicine 18 (October): 4467–72. https://doi.org/10.3892/etm.2019.8093.
- Garcia J, Turiel D, Bettmer J, et al. 2020. “In Vitro and in Situ Experiments to Evaluate the distribution and Cellular Toxicity of Ultrasmall Iron Oxide Nanoparticles Potentially Used as Oral Iron Supplements.” Nanotoxicology 14 (3): 388–403. https://doi.org/10.1080/17435390.2019.1710613.
- Gila A, Herranz G, Cañas S, et al. 2020. “Influence of Maternal Age and Gestational Age on Breast Milk Antioxidants During the First Month of Lactation”. Nutrients, 12(9), 2569. https://doi.org/10.3390/nu12092569.
- Phuthong S, Reyes CG, Rodríguez P, et al. 2020. “Sex Differences in Placental Protein Expression and Efficiency in a Rat Model of Fetal Programming Induced by Maternal Undernutrition” Int J Mol Sci. 2020 Dec 28;22(1):237. DOI: 10.3390/ijms22010237
- Ahmed MA, Kamel EO. 2020. “Involvement of H 2 S, NO and BDNF‐TrkB signalling pathway in the protective effects of simvastatin against pentylenetetrazole‐induced kindling and cognitive impairments”. Basic & Clinical Pharmacology & Toxicology. 127:461-476 https://doi.org/10.1111/bcpt.13457
- Martín M, Aller R, Heredia M, et al. 2021. “Lipid peroxidation as a hallmark of severity in COVID-19 patients.” Redox Biology. 48: 102181. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.redox.2021.102181
- Lulijwa R, Young T, Symonds J, Walker S, et al. 2021. “Uncoupling Thermotolerance and Growth Performance in Chinook Salmon: Blood Biochemistry and Immune Capacity.” Metabolites, 11, 547. https://doi.org/10.3390/metabo11080547
- Montes P , Guerra A, García P, et al. 2022. “Effect of 5-Azacitidine Treatment on Redox Status and Inflammatory Condition in MDS Patients.” Antioxidants, 11, 139. https://doi.org/10.3390/antiox11010139
- Ramiro-Cortijo D, Gila-Diaz A, Herranz Carrillo G. 2022. “Influence of Neonatal Sex on Breast Milk Protein and Antioxidant Content in Spanish Women in the First Month of Lactation”. Antioxidants, 11(8), 1472. DOI: 10.3390/antiox11081472
Check the Frequently Asked Questions section here.