WHAT IS IT?
eBQC Natural Ingredients is a completely revolutionary device designed for the measurement of the antioxidant capacity of aqueous and non-aqueous plant and food-based products dissolved in non-organic and organic solvents in plant and vegetable extracts, directly, in less than a minute!
Powder and liquid extracts in organic solvents can be measured directly in their extraction medium, using the working solution*, desing by Bioquochem. Furthermore, the measure no interference with the color of the sample. One of the most common problems after phytochemicals compounds extraction, is the color generated by the pigments of the plants since it interferes with the colorimetric methods that are currently used in the measurement of TAC.
Based on the eBQC electrochemical technology: without radical initiators, it represents a measure of the global antioxidant status of the sample. Besides, you do not need for additional expensive laboratory equipment, like for example fluorimeters.
Working solution is necessary to measure the samples with eBQC-NI. Samples in any solvent are used with this solution, which does not have toxic solvents.
Plants and Vegetable Extracts are rich sources of antioxidants and now, it is possible to measure them with the eBQC Natural Ingredients.
- Plant and fruits extracts.
- Food and Beverages.
- Molecules in organic solvents
Do you still have doubts choosing the right device and technology for your research?
Ask for the compatibility of your sample!
Let us know and our scientific and customer department will advise you on the best option.
eBQC Natural Ingredients is based on the eBQC electrochemical technology, which gives it the following key features:
- Without radical initiators: It measures the Total Antioxidant Capacity, not only the result against one radical initiator as the traditional assay kits.
- Total Antioxidant Capacity: represents a measure of the global antioxidant status of the sample
- Electrochemical Measure: the most powerful analytical technique, electrochemistry, is used to obtain the results, in an accurate and quick way.
- Easy-results conversion: results can be easily transformed into Antioxidant Equivalents of Vit C, Galic Acid or Trolox (CEAC, GAE or TEAC)
- Simple intercomparison of the results, using the eBQC-Value. The device using sophisticated internal software gives the results in eBQC value.
It has been designed based on the electrochemical technology of the eBQC Lab, but incorporating new applications for its specific use in this type of samples, plant extracts.
Although vegetable samples are, by nature, very rich in antioxidants, to date there is no fast, simple and easy-to-apply technology that would allow their direct application in industry. From this need, the Bioquochem R&D team has developed a new methodology that allows its direct quantification, with applications in:
- Product Development: Do you want to develop new ingredients with impressive properties?
- Quality Control: Did you know that antioxidant capacity is a quality marker? Check the influence of your process on it
- Stand Out: Be different than other brands, create customer trust.
- Added Value: May you have supper antioxidant product without knowing it?
For example, you can measure antioxidants of agricultural waste products prior to extraction of bioactive compounds, stability of extracts products, antioxidant capacity validation of nutraceuticals products or storage conditions testing.
How does e-BQC Natural Ingredients work?
e-BQC Natural Ingredients is very easy to use: mix your sample with the Working Solution, put the strip in the slot, dispense de drop of sample and click the button to measure.
His technology allows the expression of the results according to your necessities:
e-BQC Value: Determination of the antioxidant capacity of your samples and comparison among samples.
By performing standard curves it could also be translated to TEAC (Trolox Equivalents Antioxidant Capacity).