e-BQC is a patent device designed to measure, in a direct way, the antioxidant capacity of biological aqueous liquid samples. The result is obtained in less than a minute and with only one drop of sample, a quick and reliable measurement of the sample’s antioxidant capacity, allowing to differentiate between fast and slow acting antioxidants (Q1 and Q2). This differentiation (Q1 and Q2) is very valuable, allowing us to weigh the measurements and obtain a more complete assessment of the total antioxidant capacity.
e-BQC device is based on the most powerful analytical technique: electrochemistry. A variable voltage is applied to the strip to “activate” the antioxidants, so they cede the electrons. Electrons are released and detected as a current at the electrode.
Without radical initiators: It measures the Total Antioxidant Capacity, not only the result agains one radical initiator as the traditional assay kits.
- Total Antioxidant Capacity: represents a measure of the global antioxidant status of the sample
- Electrochemical Measure: the most powerful analytical technique, electrochemistry, is used to obtain the results, in an accurate and quick way.
- Easy-results conversion: results can be easily transform into Antioxidant Equivalents of Vit C, Galic Acid or Trolox (CEAC, GAE or TEAC)
- Sample native conditions: it does not modify the native conditions of the sample, as you can use the buffer that best match your sample requirements
The eBQC Lab device works and has been tested in the following:
- Biomedical samples: Plasma, Blood, Saliva, Urine, Cell cultures, Cell extracts, Tissue homogenates
In general, samples (liquid or solid) which can be dissolve in a aqueous solution, like one of our buffers
Do you still have doubts choosing the right device and technology for your research? Ask for the compatibility of your sample!
Let us know and our scientific and customer department will advise you on the best option
Plant and vegetable extracts are also rich sources of antioxidants. Check the eBQC Natural Ingredients for its use with this samples, and discover all the possibilities in the field.
BROAD RANGE OF APPLICATIONS
eBQC Lab is a very versatile tool due to its ability to measure in almost every liquid sample and can be used in many biomedical fields from pharma, aging, exercise, nutrition, etc .